Saturday, July 12, 2008

CAR-MAX Sucks

So we're moving and the place we're moving to only has a 1 car garage. Since I'll be telecommuting for the near future, we figured we'd ditch one of the cars because we wouldn't need it. To do so we sold the car to Car-Max on Tuesday.

It's now Saturday and they have not paid off the loan I had on the car as they said they would. After several phones calls trying to talk to their business office (several times I was sent to voice-mail for some other random department and had to call back) I finally got someone. They claim their check-scanner was broken and so, everything needed to be hand-entered. That wasn't the case on Tuesday and I know it doesn't take the better part of a week to get a scanner fixed or do hand entry.

Their suggestion? "Call back on Tuesday if it doesn't post on your account, kthxbai!"

Bimbos.

If it doesn't post by Tuesday I'm reporting the vehicle stolen.

UPDATE: Aug 17, 2008: Car-Max figured their stuff out by Wednesday, but still, please.

No comments: